A nice warming meal, perfect after a cold day.
- 8 vegetarian/vegan sausages (I use Linda McCartney’s)
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 400ml vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
- In a pan, cook off the sausages without colour with a little frylight. This should take approx. 10 minutes. Then set aside.
- In the same pan, cook the onion for 2-3 minutes without colour, add the garlic and paprika, cook until softened.
- Add the tomatoes and stock, bring to the boil, then transfer to a casserole dish with the sausages.
- Cover and cook in the middle of the oven for about 45 minutes, or until the carrots and potatoes are soft.