Great as a starter or sidedish. Would also make a great maincourse in wraps with hummus or a little natural yoghurt. Could also try as burgers using portabello mushrooms to replace a bun.
- 2 tins chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 tsp ground cumin, add more if necessary
- 1 tsp ground coriander, add more if necessary
- 1 tsp chilli powder or harissa paste, add more if necessary
- 1 handful spinach, washed and wilted
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice
- A little plain flour
- Frylight (1 cal. stray oil)
- Put the chickpeas, spices, spinach, lemon juice and a little seasoning in the blender and pulse until combined.
- Check seasoning and spices.
- Check consistancy, add a little flour to thicken.
- Crisp up in a fryingpan with a little frylight.